Best Bariatic Surgeon / Best Weight Loss Surgeon in Jalandhar Punjab India
Dr. Gurvinder Singh Jammu
Director and Head
Department of Surgery
Dr GS Jammu is the leading bariatric surgeon in Jalandhar Punjab India. He is honoured by Master Surgeon Award in the field of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA. He is running Jammu Hospital in Jalandhar Punjab which is accredited with highest National & International Accreditations : COE (Center of Excellence by Obesity Surgery Society of India), NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) & IEF (International Excellence Federation for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery). His center is performing highest number of successful bariatric/weight loss/mini gastric bypass procedures in India.
Dr GS Jammu has to his credit more than 50,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries and 4000 successful bariatric surgeries which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Dr. GS Jammu has authored many international publications amongst which, his landmark study published in 'Obesity Surgery' (High Impact Obesity Surgey Journal) has been honored as one of the top ten articles of year 2015 according to the survey by British Newspaper "Bariatric News".
Dr. GS Jammu is the founder executive director of MGB/OAGB International Club (Austria 2015)
Dr. GS Jammu is a national & international faculty and is a teacher for mini gastric bypass surgery in India, Austria, Montreal, London & Italy.
Dr. GS Jammu is an author of a chapter in a book on mini gastric bypass surgery.
Dr. GS Jammu is a teaching faculty for Johnson & Johnson and Covedian.
Education & Academic Qualifications
1991 : Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS), D.M.C. & Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab University, Chandigarh
1994 : Master of Surgery (M.S.), D.M.C. & Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab University, Chandigarh
1995-1996 : Consultant Laparoscopic and General Surgeon, Jalandhar.
1997-1999 : Consultant Laparoscopic and General Surgeon in Guru Nanak Mission Hospital, Jalandhar (Largest Hospital in the City).
2000-2003 : Chief of Surgery in Guru Nanak Mission Hospital, Jalandhar.
2004 till date : Director and Chief of Surgery in Jammu Hospital, Jalandhar.
Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Started Laparoscopic Surgery in 1995.
- Have performed more than 50,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries.
Advance Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Laproscopic Hernias, Laparoscopic GI Surgery, Lap Urology & Lap Gynaecology.
- Doing bariatric surgery since 2007.
- Training in upper GI Endoscopy ERCP, Colonoscopy under Dr. Nageshwar Reddy at
- Medinova Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad.
- Training in Onco Surgery under Dr. G.V. Road at Vivekananda Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Training in MGB by Dr. Robert Rutledge.
- Trained for Gastric Bypass in Frankfort (Germany) by Dr. Weinner.
- Director of most prestigious MGB / OAGB International Club.
- Done 4000 successful bariatric surgeries which include Mini Gastric Bypass, Roux-n-Y Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Achievements & Awards
- Dr. GS Jammu is certified as "MASTER SURGEON" in Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- Receipient of Chief Minister's Award 2016 for Surgeon of Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Receipient of Chief Minister's Award 2013 for Surgeon of Excellence.
- Have participated, chaired and conducted CMES' in Bariatric Surgery, Nationally and Internationally.
- Course Instructor in MGB at Montreal IFSO 2014.
- Course Instructor in MGB at Austria IFSO 2015.
- Course Instructor in MGB in forthcoming IFSO World Conference at Rio Brazil 2016.
- Secretary Association of Surgeons of Jalandhar.
- Lala Jagat Narayan Awards - 2001.
- Awarded Lion Club Awards - 2004.
- Treasurer of Associations of Surgeon of Jalandhar.
- Member SAGEs (Society of American Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons)
- Member ASMBS (American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons)
- Member of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Member of Indian Association Gastrointestinal Endo Surgery (IAGES)
- Member Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- General Secretary of Association of Surgeons of Jalandhar (2007-2008)
- President, Association of Surgeons of Jalandhar (2012)
- Secretary Association of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons of Punjab (AMBS)
- Published Article in 'Obesity Surgery' (High Impact Obesity Surgey Journal) has been honored as one of the top ten articles of year 2015 according to the survey by British Newspaper "Bariatric News".
Bariatric Surgery Presentations
- A 7-Year clinical audit of 1107 cases comparing Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roun-n-Y Gastric Bypass and Mini Gastric Bypass to determine an effective and safe bariatric & metabolic procedure.
- An eight year experience with 189 Type-2 diabetic patients after Mini Gastric Bypass.
- Crural repair mandatory in Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy at ASBMS TEXAS (USA).
- MGB supersedes RNY & LSG as bariatric & metabolic procedure.
- Bariatric Surgery twilight to light at Kochi ASI.
- Authored various papers on bariatric surgery and amongst which the most appreciated worldwide is his audit on different types of bariatric surgeries.
Laparoscopic Surgery Presentations
Two papers at Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery of Asia in Korea in 2007 :
- Laparoscopic Cystogastrotomy in Recurrent Pseudopancreatic Cyst.
- Laparoscopic Hemicolectomy V/s Open Hemicolectomy.
Papers at SAGES USA on :
- Comparison of Laparoscopic CBD exploration V/s ERCP, Open Choledocholithothotomy for large CBD calculi.
- Laparoscopic heraticojejunostomy V/s Open Hepaticojejunostomy for extrahepatic biliary tree pathologies.
Workshops & Conferences Conducted
- Live Operative Workshop on Bariatric Surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar, 2014.
- Live Operative Workshop on Bariatric Surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar attended by doctors from 7 countries, 2015.
- Live Operative Workshop on Bariatric Surgery at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar, NATCON-2016.
- Organized Live Laparoscopic Hernia Workshop at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar, 2004.
- It was first of its kind workshop. The workshop was conducted by Dr.P.K.Chowbhey and his team from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi. The workshop was attended by more than 200 delegates from Punjab and Himachal Pradesh.
- Laparoscopic Hernia Workshop at Jammu Hospital Jalandhar by Dr. Parveen Bhatia from Delhi, 2011.
- Laparoscopic Gynae Workshop by Dr. Prashant Bharti from Mumbai.
- SAARC Countries Conference on Surgery as president of chapter at Jalandhar, 2012.
Best Bariatic surgeon in Jalandhar Punjab India, Best Weight Loss Surgeon in Jalandhar Punjab India