|Do Not worry about Diet after
Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) Surgery......
|DAY OF SURGERY :|
• You can have light breakfast in the morning like cup of tea with biscuits.
• After 6 hours of fasting you are taken for surgery.
• After 6 hours of surgery you can again start taking clear liquids.
|12 HOURS AFTER SURGERY :|
You can start having clear liquids like :
• Water • Cononut Water • Lemon Water • Weak Tea
• Daal Water • Fat Free Milk • Clear Juices • Clear Soups
|24 HOURS AFTER SURGERY :|
You can start having :
• Thick Liquids and Soft Diet in the form of Soup
• (with Mashed Chicken and Mashed Vegetables)
• Lassi • Daal • Curd • Custard
• Soya Milk • Oats • Corn Flakes
• Thin Dalia and Khichri for one week until sutures are removed.
|1 WEEK AFTER SURGERY :|
You can start eating Normal Diet which is high in Protein and Fiber like :
• Whole Cereals • Pulses • Whole Fruits • Green Leafy Vegetables
• Soya Bean and its products • Chicken • Fish • Egg (only white part)
• Soaked Almonds • Walnuts • Milk and Milk Products
• Sprouts • Peanut Butter • Tofu • Cottage • Cheese etc.
EATING BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS :
• Eat slowly and be aware of when you feel full.
• Chew, Chew, Chew!
• Avoid drinking fluids 30 minutes before and with your meals.
• Drink enough fluid between meals to meet your fluid requirements.
• Avoid food and beverages high in sugar.
• Avoid food high in fat and have no nutritional value.
• Learn proper eating habits that will promote weight loss while maintaining
• health at a reduced weight.
• Consume adequate amount of protein to minimize loss of lean
• body mass and facilitate healing.
• Take adequate amounts of fluid to maintain hydration.
• Obtain adequate nutrients for optimal health through vitamin
• and mineral supplementation.
• Smoking after surgery can be harmful.
Kapurthala Road, Near Sports College, Jalandhar (Punjab) INDIA
INDIA : 0091-181-2259600, 3292442
CANADA : +1 647 728 4444
Fax: 0091-181-2203515 : Mobile : 098140-70870